The Registry of Deeds, which is under the control of the Property Registration Authority, is committed to providing you, our customer, with an excellent service which is easily accessible by a variety of means, including personal attendance at our office at Henrietta Street in Dublin together with use of the postal service, email, internet and telephone facilities.
This charter sets out the standard of service which we will endeavour to provide for our customers.
We will endeavour to meet the following service delivery targets:
- 90% of all correct Application Forms to be registered within 15 working days
- All vacates/satisfactions to be entered on the electronic searching system within 10 days
- All abstract details of registered Application Forms to be accessible on electronic searching system within 2 working days of registration
- 90% of Official searches to be completed within 15 working days
- 90% of all copy Application Forms/Memorials to issue within 10 working days
We will be available ordinarily to answer your calls from 9.15am to 5.30pm, Monday to Thursday and from 9.15 am to 5.15pm on Friday, excluding public holidays. We will be courteous and helpful in dealing with your enquiry. If we cannot provide an immediate answer, we will take the details of your enquiry and call you back at an agreed time.
While we cannot provide specific advice on individual applications, information regarding the practice and procedures of the Registry of Deeds is available under Practice Directions and under Legal Office Notices on our website.
We will continue to update our website on a regular basis and all key publications will be made available on our website.
We will continue to notify legal practitioners of new developments by advertising in the Law Society Gazette.
Access to our Facilities
We will endeavour to maintain a safe and accessible public office.
Our website complies with standard content accessibility guidelines which conform to at least Level AA of the W3C.
Service through the Irish language
As an organisation, The Property Registration Authority is committed to providing quality services in both Irish and English. The Authority’s inaugural Irish Language Scheme 2007-2010 sets out our commitments in relation to the Irish Language.
Communicating with Customers
We will consult with our customers, from time to time, by way of customer surveys and invite your comments on our services through our website. We will use this feedback to improve our services to meet customer needs on an ongoing basis.
We will continue to liaise with customers via the Customer Focus Group, the representative forum which currently exists, and other suitable fora.
All staff in the Registry of Deeds are committed to delivering a high-quality customer service. If you have a complaint in relation to any of our services please bring it to the attention of the staff in the office concerned.
We are committed to:
- dealing with complaints in a courteous, expeditious and efficient manner
- resolving complaints, where possible, at the first point of contact;
- correcting any incorrect or inappropriate action on our part as soon as possible;
- learning from mistakes to ensure that errors are not repeated
(for full details see our Complaints Procedure)
Help Us to Help You
1. Ensure that your applications are correctly presented for registration .
2. Ensure correct fees are lodged .
3. Present correct receipt and lodgement slips at Public Counter when collecting documents
4. Furnish correct name for search purposes .
Hours of Business
The Registry of Deeds is located at Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and may be accessed via either Henrietta Street or Constitution Hill. The public office is open from 10.00 am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. See Contact Us for location and contact details.
Published September 2009.